- The interest rate for OCBC credit cards is 26.88% per annum. That means, if you don’t pay your credit card bill in full this month, the amount which you didn’t pay on time –– called balance –– will be charged interest for every month that you continue not to pay for it. How much is the interest? OCBC’s credit card interest rate is 26.88% per year, which you can divide by 365 days to get an effective interest rate of 0.074% per day. If there are 31 days this month, you multiply that daily interest rate to get 2.28% per month, which is also what you will be charged. OCBC Plus! Visa and NTUC Plus! Visa credit cards’ interest rates are 26.76% per annum.
- OCBC does not have a student credit card, unlike other banks that may offer S$500 student credit cards with no minimum income. Fresh graduates may consider the OCBC Frank Card, which is largely marketed at young adults. Like all other credit cards in Singapore, you need to have an annual minimum income of S$30,000.
- The OCBC customer service hotline is 1800 363 3333. To call OCBC Singapore from overseas, dial +65 6363 3333.
- There are 5 OCBC credit cards with Visa, namely the OCBC 365, OCBC Voyage, OCBC Frank Card, OCBC Plus!, and NTUC Plus! Credit cards. There are 6 OCBC credit cards associated with MasterCard, namely the OCBC Titanium Rewards Card, OCBC 90N, OCBC Cashflo, OCBC Arts Credit Card, OCBC Platinum, and OCBC Best Denki.
Visa and MasterCard are credit card networks, basically technology middlemen to make sure your transactions go through. As you tap or swipe your credit card, they identify the transaction –– is this an online payment? Which merchant category code does this shop fall under? Is this transaction eligible for cashback, air miles, or rewards points? With that being said, the way Visa and MasterCard categorises merchants may differ –– which affects the rewards you may receive. As long as your spending habits compliment the way Visa or MasterCard categorises its merchants, then that’s the better option for you.
- In order to pay bills directly from your OCBC bank account or OCBC credit card, you have to log in to online banking with your access code and PIN. Under “Payment & Transfer”, select “Pay Bills” and then “Pay Billing Organisation”. You will be able to select the organization to pay bills to and the amount payable. Before the transaction is complete, you will likely need to key in a one-time password (OTP).
- If you forget your OCBC credit card PIN, you can call 1800 363 3333 to reset it, or fill in the online form at ocbc.com/reset. You will need to fill in your card details, card PIN and personal details to receive a one-time password that will enable you to receive your credit card pin.