FWD Car Insurance Singapore
At 3 different price points, FWD offers value-for money car insurance plans in Singapore for every budget. Enjoy lifetime 50% No Claims Discount (NCD) guarantee, 24-hour roadside assistance in case of breakdowns, repairs & extended workmanship guarantee at FWD’s premium workshops, extended legal liability cover if you accidentally hurt someone or damage property, and overseas coverage for driving in West Malaysia and parts of Thailand.
Top Reasons To Buy FWD Car Insurance
Put paperwork behind you: FWD’s car insurance claims process is fast, simple and intuitive, but best of all, it's fully mobile-friendly so you can get your claims done on the go. Submit claims via its online portal or the FWD SG App on Google Play or Apple App Store.
Lifetime 50% NCD protection
Classic to Prestige, all Comprehensive FWD car insurance plans come with a lifetime No Claims Discount (NCD) guarantee, which means your hard-earned discount stays at 50% – no matter what.
Repair warranty at FWD premium workshops
When you fix your vehicle at FWD's authorised workshops, repairs are guaranteed for workmanship defects until your car turns 10.
Courtesy car provision
Continue driving for up to 3 months if your car is permanently lost, damaged beyond repair, or the repair cost exceeds your car’s current market value, due to an accident (exclusively for Executive and Prestige plans).
Get $40 to $80 of daily transport allowance while your vehicle is under repair.he amount and duration depends on the type of comprehensive plan chosen.
24/7 roadside assistance
If you’re insured with any of the comprehensive plans, you’ll be automatically covered with complimentary round-the-clock roadside assistance in the event of a breakdown (accident or non-accident).
FWD Car Insurance Add-ons
Your Preferred Workshop
Add on for the flexibility to choose a non-authorised workshop.
Adjust your excess according to your needs; the higher the excess, the lower your premium.
Protect your No Claim Discount of 30% or 40% (good for one claim only).
Get enhanced emergency assistance and coverage while driving in Malaysia and Thailand.
Young Driver Excess Waiver
Pay more to waive the high excess for young drivers (27 years old and below).
Receive $100 per day (up to 90 days) if you or your family members are hospitalised and a $50,000 payout for death and total and permanent disability in the event of an accident.
Get the cheapest car insurance quotes in Singapore
Review of FWD's Car Insurance
Features & Benefits
- Lifetime 50% No Claims Discount (NCD) guarantee
- Free 24-hour roadside assistance in case of breakdowns, including towing and battery jump start services
- Repairs & extended workmanship guarantee at FWD’s premium workshops
- Unlimited coverage for death or injury to third party and up to $5 million coverage for damage to third party property
- Coverage for driving in West Malaysia and parts of Thailand
FWD is Best Known for
- Bang for buck as it bundles features and benefits
- Easy claim process through FWD car insurance online portal
- Generous promotions available
How To Apply For Your Car Insurance Plan
Applying for a car insurance policy through MoneySmart
Let us know your needs
If you find downloading insurance policy brochures and comparing them side by side a hassle, use our intelligent system to compare different car insurance plans. Fill in a simple online form and we'll have you going.
Speak to our insurance specialists
After you've submitted your answers, our insurance specialists may drop you a call to clarify your needs and explain your options to you. Seize this chance to ask our experts the burning questions you may have about car insurance!
Apply and purchase your car insurance
Once you have spoken to our insurance specialists, considered your options, and planned your finances, you are ready to apply for your car insurance plan with our guided assistance.
FWD Car Insurance Claims
How do claims work?
Firstly, you’ve got to be clear of the parties involved in a car accident before you make a claim.
The First Party
Once you’ve purchased a car insurance policy from FWD, you become the First Party in terms of the contract.
The Second Party
The insurance company, FWD, from whom you have purchased the policy by paying the insurance premium for your vehicle, is the Second Party in the contract.
The Third Party
Someone other than the First (you) and Second Party (FWD). It can be anyone. For example, another driver on the road or a cyclist on the street.
Here are 6 steps to a successful car insurance claim
Report to FWD within 24 hours of the accident
Be it a First Party or Third Party Claim, FWD requires claim reports to be made within 24 hours. It is best to inform FWD within 24 hours regardless of whether or not you intend to claim on your own policy or if your car is damaged. This is to avoid breaching the policy’s terms and conditions, which may affect your claim process. As long as a third party is involved, FWD would still need to have his/her details (regardless of whether he/she submits a claim against you).
Take damage and accident scene photos
Take photos with tight shots and wide shots from various angles to ensure that you get sufficient photographic footage of the scene and context of the accident. The license plates of all vehicles involved should be photographed as well, as all these might be needed as evidence for FWD to process your claim. This is mandatory for both First Party and Third Party Claims.
Get the other driver’s contact details
This step will not be applicable for First Party Claims. For Third Party Damage Claims, you will need his/her contact details which include:
- Driver names of all involved
- NRIC numbers
- Address of driver / drivers
- Car insurance company of vehicles involved
- Contact numbers
Avoid moving the vehicle
When you get into an accident on your own or with other parties, do not move the vehicle or vehicles involved, unless they are in the middle of the road and pose a safety hazard. When it comes to Third Party Damage Claims, moving the vehicles may give FWD and the other driver’s insurance company a chance to dispute your claim.
Submit claim report to FWD
After contacting FWD Emergency Assistance at +65 6322 2072, FWD will send their Mobile Accident Response Service (MARS) to assist you at the accident site and arrange for medical attention, vehicle removal and alternative transportation. You can choose to make a report and submit a claim via the FWD SG mobile app, or via their online portal or in person at their authorised workshops. If you’re planning to pay off the repair costs on your own to save on claim cost or protect your no claim discount (NCD), you’ll still have to lodge a report at any of FWD’s authorised workshops.
Get your car fixed at any FWD authorised workshop
Some insurers like FWD offer complimentary towing services, while others may require you to use only tow trucks belonging to their or a partner company. Only use your insurer’s tow service, as any other tow service might complicate your claim. Seek advice from FWD’s Emergency Assistance team at +65 6322 2072 if you are unsure. You have the option to send your car to the workshop of your choice instead of FWD’s authorised workshops if you’ve got the “Your Preferred Workshop” add-on.
More Things To Know
FWD Car Insurance Refunds & Cancellations
To cancel your policy, you must give at least 7 days’ written notice. If no claim has been made, you are entitled to a 95% refund of your pro-rated premium (min. $25).
FWD Car Insurance Hotlines
Call +65 6820 8888 for general enquiries (9am to 10pm on weekdays, 9am to 1pm on sat) or +65 6322 2072 for emergency assistance (24/7).
Alternatively, email FWD at [email protected]
FWD Authorised Workshops
For more details and the complete list of authorised workshops, refer to FWD’s Authorised Workshops page.
Get the cheapest car insurance quotes in Singapore
At MoneySmart, we help you compare car insurance quotes online from our comprehensive list of car insurance partners.
Frequently Asked Questions
Am I eligible to buy FWD car insurance?
- To qualify, you must be between 20 to 69 years old and cannot use your car for commercial purposes. Your car must also be 12 years old or younger. Use MoneySmart's intelligent form to get the cheapest FWD car insurance quotes.
What is an “excess”?
- The excess is a minimum sum that is borne by you. For example, if your excess is $500 and the damages cost $5,000, you will pay $500 while the insurer pays the remaining $4,500. The standard excess is S$500 to S$2,500, depending on your car.
Does FWD cover me if I get paid for driving?
- No. FWD car insurance covers private use only, which means that you won’t be covered if you are getting paid to drive. For commercial and/or private-hire drivers (like Grab drivers), you will need a commercial car insurance plan.
Does FWD cover car-pooling and car-sharing?
- Car-pooling is only covered if arrangements are made privately (and not through a commercial platform). That means you can arrange to car-pool with your friends, but not pick up passengers through GrabHitch or similar services. Car-sharing is not covered.
Does FWD car insurance cover floods?
- Yes, FWD covers damages caused by floods and most other natural disasters. Floods can cause severe damage to your car’s electric wirings and metal parts.
Will I get a replacement car while my car is being repaired at the workshop?
- No, but you will receive a daily transport allowance of $40 to $80 for 6 to 10 days, depending on the policy you have selected.
Can I renew FWD car insurance online?
- Yes. You keep your 30% to 40% NCD discount when you renew your car insurance with FWD. However, other insurers may quote more competitive premiums, so do compare with MoneySmart before you renew.