Best Credit Cards for Grab Rides in Singapore (2023)
If you don’t own a car, you probably rely on public transport and Grab rides (more frequently than you’d like to admit) to get around. In that case, you should arm yourself with one of these best credit cards for Grab to get cashback and miles for your Grab expenditure.
Singapore's Best Credit Cards for Grab (2023)
Your monthly Grab statement is super high. How can you save by getting cashback and miles?
Standard Chartered Credit Card Cashback
Standard Chartered Smart Credit Card
- Cashback from Netflix, Spotify, fast food joints and more. *T&Cs apply.
- Annual Fee
- Minimum Spend
[SmartRewards | Your Points, Your Choice 🏻]
Choose ANY gift at our Rewards Store, including:
1. Nintendo Switch Lite (3,090 SmartPoints)
2. Apple AirPods 3rd Gen (2,720 SmartPoints)
Or any other combination of gifts, by earning 3,100 SmartPoints.
Alternatively, you can also choose to get $250 Cash via PayNow. T&Cs apply.
UOB One Card Grab Cashback
UOB One Card
- Cashback on McDonald's, DFI Retail Group, Grab, Shopee, SP and more
- Up to 10%
- Cashback Cap per quarter
- Min. Spend per month
[FLASH DEAL | LUCKY DRAW]
Get EXTRA S$50 Cash via PayNow when you apply and spend a min. of S$1,000 per month for 2 consecutive months from card approval! T&Cs apply.
PLUS stand to receive a Apple MacBook Air 15-inch M2 Chip 256GB (worth S$1,899) or a Google Pixel 8 Pro, 128GB (worth S$1,549) or a Sony PlayStation®5 Disc Console (worth S$799) when you sign up through MoneySmart and meet the eligibility criteria! T&Cs apply.
PLUS get up to 15% Cashback and S$350 Cash Credit from UOB when you successfully apply for an eligible UOB Credit Card and spend a min. of S$1,000 for 2 consecutive months from card approval date. T&Cs apply!
In terms of getting cashback from your Grab rides, UOB One is the best because it allows you earn an additional 5% on all Grab transactions (including GrabPay!).
Spending $2,000 a month consistently for 1 calendar quarter entitles you to a flat payout of $300, equivalent to 5%. If that amount is too high, a spend of $500 generates a rebate of $50 while $1,000 generates $100.
American Express KrisFlyer Card Air Miles on Grab Spend
American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Ascend Credit Card
- Local Spend
- S$1 = 1.2 Miles
- Overseas Spend
- S$1 = 2 Miles
- on Eligible Grab transaction, capped at $200 per month
- S$1 = 3.2 Miles
Existing cardholders can get S$150 eCapitaVouchers AND up to 17,000 KrisFlyer Miles (enough to redeem a Return Trip to Bali*) when you pay the card's annual fee and spend a min. of S$1,000 within the first month of card approval. T&Cs apply.
The base rate of American Express KrisFlyer card is 1.1 for every $1 spent, which is not great, but you earn an additional 2 KrisFlyer miles for every $1 spent, which is effectively 3.1 miles.
The effective mpd for Amex KrisFlyer Ascend Credit Card is 3.2, while Amex PPS Club or Solitaire PPS credit card gets 3.3 miles. Top-ups to GrabPay also qualify.
You get 500 bonus KrisFlyer miles when you pay for your first Grab app. Set your credit card as a default payment card on the Grab app.
OCBC 365 Grab Cashback
OCBC 365 Credit Card
- Cashback on Everyday Dining (Including Local, Overseas and Online Food Delivery)
- with min. spend of $1,600 per month
- Unlock up to $160 Cashback
- with min. spend of $800 per month
- $80 Cashback per month
Get a Samsung 27-inch M5 Smart Monitor (worth S$554) OR a Apple AirPods 3rd Gen (worth S$261.40) OR S$280 Amazon SG Gift Card OR S$250 Cash via PayNow when you apply and spend a min. of S$500 in Qualifying Spend within 30 days of card approval. T&Cs apply
OCBC 365 isn’t the most generous card out there, but it offers cashback on a wide variety of categories. For Grab, Gojek, RYDE, TADA as well as local and overseas taxi, you get 3% cashback.
The other categories that you can get cashback on are local and overseas dining (6%), local and overseas groceries (3%), fuel spending (up to 22.1% at Caltex, up to 20.4% at Esso), recurring telco bills (3%), recurring electricity bills (3%) and online travel (3%).
Maybank Horizon Visa Signature Card Air Miles on Grab Spend
Maybank Horizon Visa Signature
- on Air Tickets and Foreign Currency Spend
- S$1 = 8X Points
- Min. Spend per month to unlock 7X Points
- Rewards to Miles Conversion for Selected Airline Parnters
- 1 Point = 0.4 Miles
Maybank Horizon Visa Signature Card gives you a higher than average $1 = 3.2 miles for dining, petrol and taxi fares (including Grab!).
It's also a great card to own for frequent travellers as overseas expenditure earns 2 miles per $1. It’s not an entry-level card, however. The annual income requirement is $50,000 for locals and $60,000 for foreigners. There’s a annual fee waiver if you spend $18,000 annually.
7 Credit Cards for Grab Rides in Singapore (2023)
|Credit Card||Grab cashback/miles||Min spend per month||Monthly cap|
|UOB One||Additional 5% rebate (up to 10%) on all Grab transactions||$500 / $1,000 / $2,000||Depends on tier|
|UOB YOLO||8% cashback on Grab rides||$600||$60|
|Maybank Family & Friends||Up to 8% cashback on transport||$500 / $800||$80|
|OCBC 365||3% cashback on local and overseas rides||$800||$80|
|Maybank Horizon Visa Signature||$1 = 3.2 miles||$300||12k miles|
|Citi Lazada||$1= 4 miles for Grab, $1 = 4.8 miles for Lazada||None||4k miles|
|American Express Credit Cards||$1 = 3.3 miles||None||$200|
How do you choose a good credit card for Grab rides?
Generally, there are two types of credit cards that are suited for paying telco bills: cashback and air miles.
Cashback cards for Grab
Air mile cards for Grab
Frequently Asked Questions
Which credit card gives the most cash back for Grab?
- If you are able to spend $2,000 consistently within a calendar quarter, UOB One gives up to 10% cashback as there is an additional 5% for Grab transactions (including GrabPay). The UOB YOLO is also a good card as it offers 8% Grab cashback on weekends ($600 minimum spend). Another card that also offers 8% is the Maybank Friends & Family Card, but you need to spend a minimum of $800.
Does Grab accept credit cards?
- Yes! Whether you are booking your ride, ordering a meal on GrabFood or completing any other transaction on Grab, the payment methods options are cash, credit card (VISA or MasterCard), GrabPay and Paypal. You simply need to key in your credit card information. Use the right credit card and get 8% to 10% cashback!