Best Credit Cards for Grab Rides in Singapore (2021)
If you don’t own a car, you probably rely on public transport and Grab rides (more frequently than you’d like to admit) to get around. In that case, you should arm yourself with one of these best credit cards for Grab to get cashback and miles for your Grab expenditure.
Singapore's Best Credit Cards for Grab (2021)
Your monthly Grab statement is super high. How can you save by getting cashback and miles?
UOB One Card Grab Cashback
- Rebate on Shopee, Dairy Farm Group, Grab, SP and more
- Up to 10%
- Rebate Cap per quarter
- Min. Spend per month, per quarter
In terms of getting cashback from your Grab rides, UOB One is the best because it allows you earn an additional 5% on all Grab transactions (including GrabPay!).
Spending $2,000 a month consistently for 1 calendar quarter entitles you to a flat payout of $300, equivalent to 5%. If that amount is too high, a spend of $500 generates a rebate of $50 while $1,000 generates $100.
Maybank Family & Friends Grab Cashback
- Cash Back on Groceries, Dining, Transport and Petrol in Singapore & Malaysia
- Up to 8%
- Cash Rebate on Shopping and Data communication & online TV streaming
- Up to 8%
- Min. spend per month
Maybank Family & Friends offers up to 8% cashback in many key categories: groceries, dining, transport & petrol, telco bills, paid television, fast food delivery, leisure & attractions and transport & petrol. Grab rides also qualify under the transport and petrol category.
The minimum spend to get 8% cashback is $800. If you spend $500, you get 5% cashback instead. The total cashback cap is $80.
OCBC 365 Grab Cashback
- Cashback on Everyday Dining (Including Local, Overseas and Online Food Delivery)
- Cashback Cap per month
- Min. Spend per month
OCBC 365 isn’t the most generous card out there, but it offers cashback on a wide variety of categories. For Grab, Gojek, RYDE, TADA as well as local and overseas taxi, you get 3% cashback.
The other categories that you can get cashback on are local and overseas dining (6%), local and overseas groceries (3%), fuel spending (up to 22.1% at Caltex, up to 20.4% at Esso), recurring telco bills (3%), recurring electricity bills (3%) and online travel (3%).
Maybank Horizon Visa Signature Card Air Miles on Grab Spend
- Overseas Spending Rewards
- S$1 = 2 Miles
- Min. Spend per month
- Foreign Transaction Fee
Maybank Horizon Visa Signature Card gives you a higher than average $1 = 3.2 miles for dining, petrol and taxi fares (including Grab!).
It's also a great card to own for frequent travellers as overseas expenditure earns 2 miles per $1. It’s not an entry-level card, however. The annual income requirement is $50,000 for locals and $60,000 for foreigners. There’s a annual fee waiver if you spend $18,000 annually.
American Express KrisFlyer Card Air Miles on Grab Spend
American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Ascend Credit Card
- Local Spend
- S$1 = 1.2 Miles
- Overseas Spend
- S$1 = 2 Miles
- Grab Rides
- S$1 = 3.2 Miles
The base rate of American Express KrisFlyer card is 1.1 for every $1 spent, which is not great, but you earn an additional 2 KrisFlyer miles for every $1 spent, which is effectively 3.1 miles.
The effective mpd for Amex KrisFlyer Ascend Credit Card is 3.2, while Amex PPS Club or Solitaire PPS credit card gets 3.3 miles. Top-ups to GrabPay also qualify.
You get 500 bonus KrisFlyer miles when you pay for your first Grab app. Set your credit card as a default payment card on the Grab app.
7 Credit Cards for Grab Rides in Singapore (2021)
|Credit Card||Grab cashback/miles||Min spend per month||Monthly cap|
|UOB One||Additional 5% rebate (up to 10%) on all Grab transactions||$500 / $1,000 / $2,000||Depends on tier|
|UOB YOLO||8% cashback on Grab rides||$600||$60|
|Maybank Family & Friends||Up to 8% cashback on transport||$500 / $800||$80|
|OCBC 365||3% cashback on local and overseas rides||$800||$80|
|Maybank Horizon Visa Signature||$1 = 3.2 miles||$300||12k miles|
|Citi Lazada||$1= 4 miles for Grab, $1 = 4.8 miles for Lazada||None||4k miles|
|American Express Credit Cards||$1 = 3.3 miles||None||$200|
How do you choose a good credit card for Grab rides?
Generally, there are two types of credit cards that are suited for paying telco bills: cashback and air miles.
Cashback cards for Grab
Air mile cards for Grab
Frequently Asked Questions
Which credit card gives the most cash back for Grab?
- If you are able to spend $2,000 consistently within a calendar quarter, UOB One gives up to 10% cashback as there is an additional 5% for Grab transactions (including GrabPay). The UOB YOLO is also a good card as it offers 8% Grab cashback on weekends ($600 minimum spend). Another card that also offers 8% is the Maybank Friends & Family Card, but you need to spend a minimum of $800.
Does Grab accept credit cards?
- Yes! Whether you are booking your ride, ordering a meal on GrabFood or completing any other transaction on Grab, the payment methods options are cash, credit card (VISA or MasterCard), GrabPay and Paypal. You simply need to key in your credit card information. Use the right credit card and get 8% to 10% cashback!