Exclusive Promotions: How to Redeem MoneySmart Rewards
At MoneySmart, we offer exclusive promotions for credit cards, savings accounts, personal loans and other financial products. We've outlined all the steps on how to submit an application, so you can successfully redeem your MoneySmart reward.
S$200 Cash via Paynow or S$250 Grab Voucher Promotion
- Submit Your Claim Form by 31 Oct 2020
Valid for Standard Chartered Unlimited Cashback Credit Card or Standard Chartered Rewards+ Credit Card only. T&Cs apply.
Fitbit Versa 3 or Bose Portable Smart Speakers Promotion
- Submit Your Claim Form by 31 Oct 2020
Valid for Citi Cash Back+ Mastercard®, City Rewards, Citi Cash Back and Citi PremierMiles Cards only. You will need to Log in to your MoneySmart account to submit your claim form.T&Cs apply.
Steps on How to Redeem MoneySmart Rewards
1. Apply via MoneySmart
Submit your credit card, savings account, personal loan, or insurance application through moneysmart.sg. Do take note of the Application Reference Number from the provider’s email confirmation.
If you’re applying for a credit card or opening a savings account, you cannot have owned/applied for/cancelled the credit card or savings account for the last 12 months from the date of application. Please check with us if you're unsure as other definitions apply with different banks.
2. Submit the Claim Form
Fill out the claim form for the MoneySmart reward that you'd like to redeem and indicate the Application Reference Number.
The Application Reference Number is only provided by our financial partners. MoneySmart doesn’t have access to this detail.
3. Verification Process
Depending on the promotion, our financial partner will need 2 to 4 months to verify the applications. Once we receive the list of approved applicants, we'll match it with the latest list of submitted claim forms to confirm your eligibility for the reward.
For approved credit card applicants:
Some banks require credit card activation or a spend criteria to be met in order to qualify for the reward. Kindly refer to the T&Cs for more details.
4. Reward Fulfilment
After we confirm your eligibility and complete the verification process, you'll be notified via email that your reward is being processed, should you be eligible.
5. Receive Your Reward
Physical gifts or vouchers will be delivered within 5 to 7 working days after you receive our eligibility email. Cash gifts will be transferred via PayNow respectively on the transfer date indicated in the eligibility email. Kindly wait 3 days for the cash reward to be credited by your bank. E-voucher coupons will be sent to your email directly.
*The mode of receipt for gifts varies for each campaign, this is only a general guideline. Kindly refer to our T&Cs for more details.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the fulfilment status for Citibank and Standard Chartered Credit Card rewards?
- We work closely with our financial partners to fulfil the rewards in the shortest possible time. For full disclosure and transparency, we’re continuously updating this Fulfilment Status on a weekly basis to keep you informed.
Can I submit a redemption form first before spending/activation? Why is there a 12-week wait?
- Of course, it’s absolutely possible to submit the redemption/claim form before activating your new card. Do make sure that you submit your card application through us and that you’re a new cardholder. As for the fulfilment process, the bulk of the waiting time happens during the verification process conducted by our financial partner. Click here for a detailed overview of our fulfilment process.
What is considered a Citibank New-to-Cardholder (NTC)?
- In layman’s terms, applicants must not have any existing Citibank Credit Card at the time of application. Let’s say, you currently have a Citi Cash Back Card, and planning to sign up for a Citi PremierMiles Card promo, you’ll be ineligible for the MoneySmart reward because you’re already holding a Citi Cash Back Credit Card. Even if you cancel your existing Citi Cash Back Card, there’s a 12-month window before you become eligible for the MoneySmart reward. Here are the specifics.
What is a Qualifying Spend for Citibank?
- Here’s the thing, there’s now a spend requirement for all Citibank promotions. This means, in order to qualify for the reward, you need to use your new card on a qualifying retail transaction. If you’re wondering what you should spend it on to meet this spend criteria, you can’t go wrong with food purchases. Do take note that there are exceptions, and we’ve outlined them here.