MSIG Health Insurance Singapore
MSIG stands for Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Group and is a Tokyo-based Japanese multinational insurance company formed in 2001 by merger of Mitsui Marine & Fire Insurance Co. and The Sumitomo Marine & Fire Insurance. Its history, however, dates back to 1918 where it was founded as Taishō Marine and Fire Insurance Co. Today, MSIG (TYO: 8725) is listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange (TSE/ TYO).
Why choose MSIG?
MSIG International Health Insurance Plans
MSIG International Health Insurance Tiers
|MSIG PRESITGE HEALTHCARE TIERS||HOSPITAL WARDS||ANNUAL COVERAGE LIMIT|
|MSIG Prestige Healthcare Elite||Standard class single-bed air-conditioned room||S$900,000|
|MSIG Prestige Healthcare Deluxe||Standard class single-bed air-conditioned room||S$1,500,000|
|MSIG Prestige Healthcare Platinum||Standard class single-bed air-conditioned room||S$3,000,000|
What Is MSIG Prestige Healthcare Elite?
MSIG Prestige Healthcare Elite is the most basic of the three international health insurance plans that MSIG offers for individuals under its MSIG Prestige Healthcare plan.
Your medical coverage will include inpatient hospital treatments, doctors, anaesthetists, physiotherapist etc. fees, ICU ward fees, accident and emergency services, and outpatient treatments such as cancer, kidney dialysis, and more.
You can also choose to purchase add-ons to further customise your international health insurance plan to meet your lifestyle needs, namely the emergency medical advice and travel assistance benefit, compassionate travel benefit, miscarriage benefit, and outpatient services benefit.
MSIG Prestige Healthcare Elite's premiums start from S$636 for a 15-day-old baby boy to S$1,025 for females aged 30 to 34. New applications end at 64-year-olds. However, if you already hold a MSIG Prestige Healthcare plan, you can continue renewing your plan until you turn 79.
Who Is MSIG Prestige Healthcare Elite Best For?
MSIG Prestige Healthcare Elite Coverage
- The MSIG Prestige Healthcare Elite offers you a total of S$900,000 in coverage annually (basically the maximum amount you can claim from MSIG in total that year) which is shared amongst the benefits listed below.
- If you get warded into a hospital, your daily ward accommodation charges will be covered by the MSIG Prestige Healthcare Elite only if you stay in a standard class single-bed air-conditioned room and below.
Adult's Hospital Accomodation
- If your child of under 18 years old is hospitalised, you (an adult) will be able to stay with your child in the hospital.
Doctor, Surgeon, Anaesthetist, Physiotherapist, Specialist Fees
- During your hospital stay, you will be attended to by doctor, or surgeon and anaesthetist if you had to undergo a surgery or day surgery, and any physiotherapist or specialists for post-surgery care. The time that you spend with these medical professionals come at a cost – but your MSIG Prestige Healthcare Elite plan will cover them.
Intensive Care Unit
- In the event that you have been seriously ill or injured and were admitted to an Intensive Care Unit (ICU), your MSIG Prestige Healthcare Elite will be able to cover these charges.
- If you were diagnosed with cancer and are required to seek medical treatment both while hospitalised and outpatient, you will be able to claim your treatments' expenses from your MSIG Prestige Healthcare Elite plan as well.
- Likewise, if you were diagnosed with kidney conditions and are required to seek medical treatment while hospitalised or outpatient, you will be able to claim these dialysis treatments' expenses from your MSIG Prestige Healthcare Elite plan.
- In the event that you have to undergo an organ transplant surgery for the kidney, heart, liver, lung, or bone marrow, the surgery costs will be covered by your MSIG Prestige Healthcare Elite plan. The costs incurred for acquiring the organ and the donor, however, will not be covered.
Inpatient Psychiatric Treatment
- If you have been hospitalised and undergo medically-necessary psychiatric treatments while you were still hospitalised, these treatments will be covered by your plan. However, you will only be able to make use of this benefit after you have had your MSIG Prestige Healthcare Elite plan for 24 consecutive months, and are only able to claim a maximum of 30 days of psychiatric treatments per year.
Home Nursing Care
- If you have been hospitalised and discharged on the condition that you will require immediate home nursing care, your MSIG Prestige Healthcare Elite plan will be able to cover up to 26 weeks of home nursing expenses.
MSIG Prestige Healthcare Elite Plan Summary
MSIG Prestige Healthcare Elite is an affordable and comprehensive international health insurance plan best for students and young working adults who plan to relocate overseas for work or study. It is a basic overseas healthcare insurance plan which covers a wider range of medical conditions – spanning hospitalisations, surgeries, long-term illnesses, and accidents – minimally with an overall annual claim limit of S$900,000. However, for young adults and students who are generally healthy and well-insured back home in Singapore, this coverage will be sufficient.
All MSIG Health Insurance Plans
Freelancer Cash Plus
The MSIG Freelance Cash Plus offers you cash payouts in the event you fall ill or injured and are unable to work for a long period of time.
Cancer Care Plus
MSIG CancerCare Plus offers you a lump-sum S$100,000 payout in the event you are diagnosed with a major cancer.
MSIG Prestige Healthcare is a comprehensive international health insurance plan which grants you access to global medical facilities and treatments while you reside abroad.
Hospital Cash Plus
MSIG Hospital Cash Plus pays you cash daily in the event you're hospitalised in replacement of your income.
What Types Of Insurance Does MSIG Offer?
MSIG Singapore offers a total of 7 types of personal insurance for individuals, ranging from travel insurance, health, maid, home, motor, personal accident, and golf.
7 Types Of Insurance Offered By MSIG
MSIG offers 4 types of health insurance plans, namely 1 international health insurance plan and 3 hospital income plans. MSIG does not offer any Integrated Shield Plans for Singaporeans and PRs.
2Personal Accident Insurance
There is only 1 personal accident insurance plan at MSIG which covers you for permanent and total disability, hospitalisation cash benefit, third-degree burns, and additional coverage such as motorcycle and water sports.
You will find 1 type of maid insurance plan at MSIG, namely the MSIG Maid Plus which protects your foreign domestic worker in the event she runs into accidents, or fall ill and may require hospitalisation and surgeries.
If you are a homeowner, there are 2 types of home insurance plans at MSIG that you can – namely the Enhanced HomePlus, and Home Insurance which offers coverage for your building, home contents, renovations, and even third-party damages.
If you are travelling, MSIG offers 3 types of travel insurance plans, namely the Travel Easy, Travel Easy Pre-Ex, and the Global Study. The first 2 covers you for overseas hospitalisation and medical treatments (including pre-existing conditions) if you are just going on a vacation. The latter is a 1- to 12-month long travel insurance for students going on short-term studies abroad.
MSIG offers 1 type of car insurance, called Private Motor, which offers coverage and repair for accidental damages at MSIG-authorised workshops, medical expenditure, transport allowance, brand new car replacement for irreparable cars younger than 12 months old.
If you are a golfer, MSIG offers 3 different golfer's insurance plans to cover your for injuries, loss or damages to your golfing equipment, and third-party damages at golfing ranges around the world.
How To Apply For Your International Health Insurance Plan
Apply For Your International Health Insurance Plan Through MoneySmart
Step 1Answer Some Questions
Don't know how to compare all the different international health insurance plans in Singapore? Let us do it. Answer some questions and let our insurance specialist team find the best international health insurance plan for you.
Step 2Speak To Our Insurance Specialists
After you submit your questionnaire, our expert insurance specialist team members may drop you a call to clarify your needs and explain your options to you. Do seize this chance to ask our friendly colleagues any question you may have about health insurance!
Step 3Apply For Your Health Insurance
Once you have spoken to our insurance specialists, considered your options, planned your finances, and your big move abroad, you are ready to apply for your international health insurance plan online through our portal.
MSIG Health Insurance Claims
If you hold a MSIG health insurance plan, there are 3 main steps to filing your health insurance claims:
How Does MSIG Health Insurance Claim Work?
Upon any hospitalisation, injury, or illness diagnosis that may potentially incur a claim, call your MSIG insurance agent or the MSIG customer service hotline at +65 6827 7660 as soon as possible.
You should then ask your MSIG agent or the customer service officer for a list of the supporting documents that you will need from your doctor, clinic, or hospital. You will then be able to get them to send you, or download the medical claims form from the MSIG website directly.
Submit Your Documents
Once you have your claim forms filled up, and your supporting documents ready, submit your claim online via the MSIG website.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I cancel my MSIG insurance in Singapore?
- If you want to cancel your MSIG insurance in Singapore, you will have to call either your MSIG insurance agent or the MSIG Singapore customer service hotline at +65 6827 7602 from Mondays to Fridays, 8:45am to 5:30pm to initiate the cancellation process.
How do I claim MSIG insurance?
- To file a MSIG insurance claim, you can either call the MSIG customer service hotline at +65 6827 7602 or your MSIG insurance agent as soon as possible to notify the company of your incident or claim. You will then be required to download relevant claim forms, fill them up, and collect some supporting documents before submitting them all online via the MSIG website or mail to the MSIG Singapore office along 4 Shenton Way for claims.
What does MSIG stand for?
- MSIG stands for Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Group. MSIG is a Japanese multinational insurance company headquartered in Tokyo. MSIG was formed in 2001 by merger of Mitsui Marine & Fire Insurance Co. and The Sumitomo Marine & Fire Insurance. However, its history dates back to 1918 when it was called the Taishō Marine and Fire Insurance Co.
How to pay MSIG insurance?
- If you purchased a MSIG insurance, your insurance agent will be able to set up your premiums payment channels. Otherwise, as with most insurance companies in Singapore, you will be able to pay your MSIG premiums via GIRO, bank transfers, credit card payments, or via AXS online or at physical AXS stations.