Best Credit Cards With Complimentary Travel Insurance Coverage (2022)
Several credit cards offer complimentary travel insurance. That is, on the condition that you charge your full flight fares to them. Which of them have the best travel insurance coverage and complement your everyday lifestyle? We analyse it in further detail below.
Credit Cards Offering Free Travel Insurance (2022)
Here are the top credit cards that offer complimentary travel insurance.
Citi PremierMiles Visa Card Travel Insurance
UOB PRVI Miles Travel Insurance
AMEX Credit Card Travel Insurance Coverage
American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Credit Card
- Local Spend
- S$1 = 1.1 Miles
- Overseas Spend
- S$1 = 2 Miles
- Grab rides
- S$1 = 3.1 Miles
Get an Apple Airpods Generation 3 (worth S$269) OR Lenovo Tab M10 HD (worth S$269) OR $180 Cash via Paynow when you apply and spend on your card! T&Cs apply.
Purchase your travel tickets with your Card and receive free Travel Inconvenience & Travel Accident Benefits of up to S$350,000.
Missed connection, luggage delay are compensated at $200 per cardmember/family (max 2 pax) and baggage loss is compensated at $500 per cardmember/family (max 2 pax).
OCBC 365 Travel Insurance
- Cashback on Everyday Dining
- Cashback Cap per month
- Min. Spend per month
OCBC 365 travel insurance covers up to $200,000 per person. It’s complimentary for OCBC 365 Principal and Supplementary cardmembers. The underwriter is Great Eastern.
The capital sum assured per person for OCBC 365 is $200,000, which is a fraction of what DBS and Citibank cards offer. Having said that, the complimentary travel insurance policy is quite comprehensive in that they provide extensions for terrorism, exposure and disappearance.
CIMB Visa Signature Travel Insurance
- Cash Back on Beauty & Wellness, Online Shopping, Groceries
- Min. spend per month
- Cash Back Cap
Sign up for a CIMB Credit Card and spend up to S$988 to receive a free an Apple AirPods (3rd Generation) (worth S$269) or Prism+ C240 Monitor(worth S$299) or $200 Cash via PayNow. T&Cs apply.
Frequent Asked Questions
Do you get travel insurance with your credit card?
- Many credit cards provide some level of travel insurance coverage if you charge your full fares to them. Usually the best cards that provide travel insurance are air mile cards, such as Citi PremierMiles Visa, DBS Altitude, UOB PRVI Miles and AMEX KrisFlyer. There are two cashback cards in Singapore that provide travel insurance too: OCBC 365 and CIMB Visa Signature Credit Card.
Does travel insurance cover me if I cancel my flight?
- It depends on your policy. Look under the section "trip cancellation" to see if your travel insurance compensates when you cancel your flight. You will need to show proof of a valid cancellation reason: sickness, injury, death of either you, your family member, or travelling companion.
Does my credit card's complimentary travel insurance cover discounted flights?
- Usually yes, on the condition that you charge your full fares to the card.