- MSIG TravelEasy plans cover you for emergency dental expenses if you have to restore healthy and natural teeth or a fractured jaw. The dentist must also decide that the treatment is necessary as a result of an injury suffered on your trip outside of Singapore.
- You can make claims for medical expenses incurred outside of Singapore which are deemed necessary by a doctor and which result from pregnancy-related illnesses suffered during your trip outside of Singapore. However, this only applies to expectant mothers who are more than 12 weeks pregnant.
- MSIG TravelEasy policies cover you for travel fares or deposits lost as a result of bankruptcy or insolvency of a licensed travel operator if you do not manage to recover these expenses from another source.
- If there is no other adult to accompany children with whom you are traveling on the same journey, MSIG TravelEasy will pay for reasonable travel and accommodation expenses to send one family member or relative to your destination in order to take the child back to Singapore.
- MSIG travel insurance plans cover cruise holidays as well, which means that you get to enjoy the same benefits and compensation.
As for diving, MSIG travel insurance covers accidental death or injury as a result of diving for leisure and non-competitive purposes, up to 30 metres. You must be wearing a helmet and are certified for the activity you are doing. Also, at all times, you should be accompanied by a qualified dive instructor or dive master.
- Yes, if you require overseas medical care for pre-existing conditions, MSIG Travel Insurance Pre-Ex Standard, Pre-Ex Elite or Pre-Ex Premier plans provide medical coverage.
You get between $75,000 and $150,000 (depending on your plan) for adults below 70 years old and between $50,000 and $100,000 for adults above 70 years old and children.
To claim, you should already be under treatment and following your doctor’s advice for your pre-existing condition, which means going for check-ups and treatment regularly.