Liberty Insurance Singapore
Liberty Mutual Insurance is a Boston-based American multinational insurance company formed in 1912 as Massachusetts Employees Insurance Association. Today, Liberty Mutual Insurance operates beyond the US in countries such as the UK, China, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore, and more.
Why Choose Liberty?
Liberty International Health Insurance Plans
Liberty MyHealth International Health Insurance Tiers
|LIBERTY MYHEALTH PLAN TIERS||HOSPITAL WARDS||ANNUAL COVERAGE LIMIT|
|Liberty MyHealth International Health Insurance Essential||Private and public hospitals||S$2,000,000|
|Liberty MyHealth International Health Insurance Extensive||Private and public hospitals||S$4,000,000|
|Liberty MyHealth International Health Insurance Elite||Private and public hospitals||S$6,000,000|
What Is Liberty MyHealth International Insurance Essential?
Liberty MyHealth International Insurance Essential is the most basic of the three international health insurance plan types offered by Liberty Insurance. Even though basic, the Liberty MyHealth Essential nonetheless offers one of the highest coverage in its class of entry-level international health insurance plans.
Liberty MyHealth International Insurance Essential offers you a S$2 million annual coverage – meaning you can only claim up to S$2 million per policy year from your plan.
Key benefits of this plan includes full hospitalisation coverage, pre- and post-hospitalisation benefits for 30 and 90 days respectively, outpatient surgeries, cancer treatments, organ transplants, emergency medical evacuation and repatriation.
You will also be able to purchase add-ons to customise your international health insurance plan to meet your lifestyle needs, such as an outpatient, maternity, dental and optical benefit.
Who Is Liberty MyHealth International Insurance Essential Best For?
Liberty MyHealth International Insurance Essential Coverage
- The annual limit of your Liberty MyHealth International Insurance Essential plan is at a very high S$2 million per year.
- If you find yourself hospitalised overnight or just for the day, your Liberty MyHealth International Insurance Essential will be able to fully cover that hospitalisation cost.
Pre- and Post-Hospitalisation Benefits
- If you have been seeking treatments for 30 days prior to your hospitalisation episode, and are instructed to continue seeking treatment post-hospitalisation for the next 90 days, these related treatments can be claimed under your Liberty MyHealth International Insurance Essential plan.
- If your child (who is insured by this policy) finds him or herself hospitalised, your (one parent) accommodation in the hospital can be claimed under the Liberty MyHealth International Insurance Essential policy.
- If you hold a Liberty MyHealth International Insurance Essential plan, you will get to enjoy a fixed copayment rate of S$300 at Liberty panel clinics and hospitals when you want to do a mammogram, Pap smear, or prostate health screening.
- If you have been diagnosed with an illness that does not require you to be hospitalised, but requires you to visit the hospital or clinic for a short, outpatient surgery, this medical expense will be covered by your Liberty MyHealth International Insurance Essential plan.
- If you have been diagnosed with long-term illnesses that may require long-term treatments and care such as cancer treatments and organ transplant, these medical expenses will be covered by your plan.
- In the event that you are diagnosed with HIV/ AIDs, you will have a lifetime claim limit of S$135,000 for your treatment (there will be a waiting period before you can make use of this benefit).
Hospital Cash Benefit
- If you find yourself hospitalised, your Liberty MyHealth International Insurance Essential plan will pay you S$150 per night (up to a maximum of 30 nights).
Walk-In Emergency Room Treatment
- You will also get up to S$300 coverage when you walk in to an Accident and Emergency department for treatment.
Emergency Medical Evacuation and Repatriation
- Finally, your Liberty MyHealth International Insurance Essential plan will offer you up to US$1 million worth in emergency medical evacuation and repatriation.
Liberty MyHealth International Insurance Essential Summary
Liberty MyHealth International Insurance Essential offers comprehensive coverage with a high annual claim limit for its class of basic, entry-level international health insurance plans. It offers all the usual benefits such as hospitalisation, pre- and post-hospitalisation treatments, outpatient cancer treatments, and emergency medical evacuation and repatriation. While the plan offers some attractive benefits in the likes of HIV treatments, daily hospital cash, and health screening flat rates, it does not cover hereditary conditions, ICU, kidney dialysis, and pregnancy complications.
All Liberty Health Insurance Plans
Liberty MyHealth International Health Insurance
Liberty MyHealth is an international health Insurance plan which comes in three tiers – Essential, Extensive, and Elite (with incremental medical coverage).
Liberty proMediCare is a general health insurance plan which offers you coverage for hospitalisation, ICU, surgeries, anaesthetic fees, etc. The plan comes in 4 different tiers – namely Plans A, B, C, and D with incremental coverage.
Liberty proMediCash is a daily hospital income benefit insurance plan which offers you cash benefits ranging from S$100 to S$500 daily (up to 500 days per illness or accident). You will also enjoy a daily ICU benefit and a Get Well Benefit.
Liberty proMedico is a comprehensive health insurance plan which covers you for hospitalisation, surgeries, to long-term outpatient treatments such as cancer chemotherapy, kidney dialysis, to transport, mobility aids, and more. The plan comes in 5 different tiers, namely the Premier, Premier Plus, Prime, Prestige, and Prestige Plus with incremental coverage.
What Types Of Insurance Does Liberty Offer?
Liberty Insurance Singapore offers a total of 8 types of personal insurance for individuals, ranging from home, maid, pet, health, personal accident, golf, travel, and vehicle insurance.
8 Types Of Insurance Offered By Liberty
There are 4 different types of local and international health insurance plans, alongside hospitalisation cash income plans at Liberty Singapore. They are namely MyHealth, proMediCare, proMediCash, and proMedico.
There are 6 different types of personal accident insurance plans at Liberty to cater to different lifestyle needs for different age groups, such as the FamilyCare, PA Care Plus, and Senior Care.
Liberty Insurance's Home Care is a home insurance which comes in 3 different plan tiers – Plans A, B, and C – with incremental coverage for your building, renovations, contents, personal liabilities, and more.
If you are travelling, Liberty offers 2 types of travel insurance, namely the TourCare Plus for medical assistance, hospitalisation, emergency medical evacuation, daily hospital income benefit, and personal accident coverage. The Liberty Overseas StudentCare, on the other hand, covers students for emergency accident medical attentions evacuation, and repatriation.
Liberty offers 4 types of vehicle insurance, namely a Car Insurance, a Motorcycle Insurance, a Motor warranty for mechanical or electrical breakdowns and repairs, and a Privilege Motor plan for high-spec performance cars.
If you are a golfer, Liberty offers a worldwide golfer's insurance which includes key benefits such as personal liability, personal accident, medical expenses, coverage fr your golfing equipment, and hole-in-one benefits and more.
Liberty's MaidCare is a legally-compliant insurance plan for foreign domestic workers – as mandated by the Ministry of Manpower (MOM). Key benefits include letter of guarantee, personal accident, hospitalisation, surgeries, wages and levy reimbursement, and more.
Liberty's PetCare covers dogs and cats for accidental death, injury, theft, vet bills and third-party liabilities.
How To Apply For Your International Health Insurance Plan
Apply For Your International Health Insurance Plan Through MoneySmart
Step 1Answer Some Questions
Don't have time to compare all the different health insurance plans in Singapore for foreigners? Let us do it. Answer some questions and let our insurance team find the best international health insurance plan for you.
Step 2Speak To Our Insurance Specialists
After you submit your answers, our expert insurance specialist team members may drop you a call to clarify your needs and explain your options to you. Seize this chance to ask our friendly colleagues the burning questions you may have about international health insurance!
Step 3Apply For Your International Health Insurance
Once you have spoken to our insurance specialists, considered your options, planned your trip and finances, you are ready to apply for your international health insurance plan online through our portal.
Liberty International Health Insurance Claims
If you hold a Liberty MyHealth International Insurance Essential, you will be able to submit your claims via your Liberty insurance agent or via the Liberty Easy Claim mobile app:
How Do Liberty Health Insurance Claims Work?
Liberty Easy Claim Mobile App
If you hold a Liberty health insurance plan, you should download the Liberty Easy Claim mobile app where you can send your medical documents, reports, and bills for claims.
Liberty Health Insurance Claim Status
Your Liberty health insurance claims will take 5 to 10 working days to be processed – after which, you will receive a confirmation email detailing your claims information.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I claim Liberty Insurance?
- If you hold a Liberty insurance policy, there are 3 ways you can file for claims: through your Liberty insurance agent, via the Liberty Easy Claim mobile application, and via the Liberty website.
How do I claim my Liberty car insurance?
- Visit the Liberty Insurance Singapore website's claims section, click on "Individual", followed by "Vehicle - Individual". You will then be led to another webpage showing you the emergency hotline to call if you've met with a car accident (call 1800-5423-780). On the webpage, you will find a list of Liberty-approved workshops you can visit. After your workshop visit, visit this page again and download the claim forms located at the bottom of the webpage. You'll have to fill that in, prepare the supporting documents, and submit them to Liberty.
How do I cancel my Liberty car insurance?
- To cancel your Liberty car insurance, you will need to contact your Liberty insurance agent or call the Liberty customer service hotline at 1800-5423-780 for the necessary forms.
How long does Liberty Life take to pay out?
- Upon submission of your claim request (assuming your claim forms and documents are filled in properly), Liberty will take an average of 15 working days to process your claims and issue a payout. However, as with all major insurance companies, the period may be extended if you have missing supporting documents or if your claim request requires investigation.